I’ve dusted off the blog and decided to return to blogging. I had such a busy semester that I really didn’t have any time to blog last semester. This semester won’t be any better, but I’ll do what I can.
– I’m finishing up at ECU this May. I’m glad that I’m finally at this point and I can hopefully look forward to graduate studies.
– I’ve applied to the following programs for grad school:
1) Duke (Ph.D Classical Studies)
2) Iowa (Ph.D Classics)
3) Catholic University of America (Ph.D Early Christian Studies)
4) Notre Dame (MA Early Christian Studies)
5) Florida State (MA Religions of Western Antiquity)
6) Fordham (MA Historical Theology)
– I’m finishing my senior thesis on Christian and “pagan” (I have to figure out a better word to use here) funerary practices in the Late Antique. I’ll be blogging about this in the near future.
-I’m reading a ton of Greek lyric poetry for one Greek class (as well as some philosophy and eventually Herodotus at the end), and translating as much of the Agamemnon as I can for another. I’m also doing Virgil in one Latin class and Augustan age literature in another.